Russian contingent of Chernarussian Peacekeeping Forces consists of elite Guard Motor Rifle battalion, reinforced by armor, artillery and attack helicopter detachments. Based on their previous experience with counter-guerilla operations, The Russian Federation also make good use of special forces.
- Russian soldiers wear Flora woodland pattern and modern load-bearing vests combined with older protective gear. They are armed with AK-107 assault rifles, rugged PKM machineguns, RPG-18s and RPG-7s with modern warheads.
- Special Forces (Spetsnaz) are battle-hardened veterans who wear unique „Gorka" fatigues and use special silenced weapons, sniper rifles and explosives. They are trained in counter-terrorist ops, speak Chernarussian and allegedly have operated in the area for a long time.
- Contingent of Russian troops is equipped with T-90 main battle tanks and modern armored personnel carriers: wheeled Vodniks and BTR-90s and sturdy and powerful tracked BMP-3s.
- Russian tactics also rely on Mi-24 Hind and Ka-52 „Alligator" air assault helicopters and heavily armed Mi-8M transport choppers. Su-25 is available for close air support.
- Support consists of mortar and rocket artillery detachment, Pchela UAV is also available for aerial reconnaissance.